COVID-19 FAQs: Health and prevention

How does the University support me?

During the containment, which could be hard to live through, the Preventive Health Service of the University (SUMPPS) remains available for students for any concern, problem or advice regarding their health. Every student on campus can use this service.

A doctor and two nurses are physically present at the University in Mont-Saint-Aignan, square Emile Blondel, and a telephone helpline has been set up, from 8:45am to 5pm, for all students in need.

It is possible to call them to get advice, to be guided, or, in some cases, to consult.

Moreover, psychologists and a sophrologist are available by phone and on teleconsultation.  

Prescriptions for chronic treatments can be renewed by pharmacists and by the preventive health service if needed.

You can call the 02 32 76 92 92 or send an email to

In Evreux, you can call the nurse for any advice: 06 47 70 46 54. Psychologist and sophrologist are also available on the phone.

How to fight Coronavirus propagation?

Stay at home

Since Tuesday March 17th, a containment disposal has been put in place for at least 15 days. All trips are forbidden except for the following derogations:

  • Trips between home and workplace, when teleworking is not possible
  • Trips to make essential purchases in authorized establishments
  • Going to health professional
  • Trips for imperative family reason, for assistance to vulnerable persons or childcare.
  • Doing exercise, close to your residence and only by yourself.

Apply protection measures

To prevent infection, simple actions can preserve your health and others’.

  • Wash your hands regularly with soap
  • Cough or sneeze in your elbow or in a tissue
  • Avoid shaking hands and kisses
  • Use single-use tissues and dispose of them after use
  • Avoid meetings, limit travels and contacts with people

We remind you to show civism in those circumstances.

I want to help

The government set up a platform in order to connect people who want to help with those who need help.

On this website, you could volunteer for four main missions:

  • Food aid: distributing essential products and meals to those in need.
  • Child care: take care of the caregivers’ children or children from social services.
  • Social link with isolated persons: help to maintain social links with frail and isolated people.
  • Local solidarity: do the grocery shopping for your neighbors if they are too frail.

Visit the website to find more information about this plan.

I might have been in contact with someone infected, what should I do?

  • Check your temperature twice a day
  • Check if you have any symptoms of breathing infection (cough, breathing difficulties, etc.)
  • Wash your hand regularly or use a hydroalcoholic solution
  • Avoid any contact with fragile person (pregnant women, elderly person, etc.)
  • Avoid any unnecessary outing

In case of breathing infection (fever, feeling of fever, cough, breathing difficulties)

  • Contact your doctor and tell him your symptoms. Only call the SAMU (15) if you have severe symptoms (breathing difficulties). Avoid any human contact.
  • Do not go to your doctor or emergency service to avoid any infection.

For any further information about Coronavirus, refer to the official government website